Nov 11, 2013, 5:02 PM EDT
Mendoza threw 260 innings for the Royals during the past two seasons, making 40 starts and a dozen relief appearances, but at age 30 he has a 5.39 career ERA and similarly ugly secondary numbers.
He’s expected to join the Nippon Ham Fighters in the NPB.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)