Nov 11, 2013, 5:02 PM EST
Mendoza threw 260 innings for the Royals during the past two seasons, making 40 starts and a dozen relief appearances, but at age 30 he has a 5.39 career ERA and similarly ugly secondary numbers.
He’s expected to join the Nippon Ham Fighters in the NPB.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)