Nov 11, 2013, 12:48 PM EDT
UPDATE: It’s official. Jewett is reuniting with McClendon on Seattle’s bench.
Nationals third base coach Trent Jewett interviewed to replace Davey Johnson as manager last month, but the job went to Matt Williams instead and now it sounds like Jewett is likely leaving the organization instead of sticking around to be part of Williams’ staff.
Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com reports that the Nationals have granted the Mariners permission to interview Jewett for their bench coach job under new manager Lloyd McClendon.
Jewett was McClendon’s third base coach with the Pirates in the early 2000s, so they’re getting the band back together.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 3
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 136
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (139)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)