Nov 11, 2013, 12:16 PM EST
After interviewing for multiple manager openings and not getting the jobs there was speculation that Tim Wallach might prefer to be a bench coach for the Dodgers and sure enough the team announced that he’ll switch from third base coach to bench coach in 2014.
Wallach replaces Trey Hillman, who was let go as bench coach against manager (and best friend) Don Mattingly’s wishes last month.
Wallach was a finalist for the jobs in Detroit and Seattle that went to Brad Ausmus and Lloyd McClendon, respectively.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 26
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 281
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 17
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (281)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)