Nov 11, 2013, 12:16 PM EDT
After interviewing for multiple manager openings and not getting the jobs there was speculation that Tim Wallach might prefer to be a bench coach for the Dodgers and sure enough the team announced that he’ll switch from third base coach to bench coach in 2014.
Wallach replaces Trey Hillman, who was let go as bench coach against manager (and best friend) Don Mattingly’s wishes last month.
Wallach was a finalist for the jobs in Detroit and Seattle that went to Brad Ausmus and Lloyd McClendon, respectively.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 8
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 36
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 11
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 26
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)