Nov 11, 2013, 12:16 PM EDT
After interviewing for multiple manager openings and not getting the jobs there was speculation that Tim Wallach might prefer to be a bench coach for the Dodgers and sure enough the team announced that he’ll switch from third base coach to bench coach in 2014.
Wallach replaces Trey Hillman, who was let go as bench coach against manager (and best friend) Don Mattingly’s wishes last month.
Wallach was a finalist for the jobs in Detroit and Seattle that went to Brad Ausmus and Lloyd McClendon, respectively.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 7
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 8
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 49
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 41
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (109)