Nov 11, 2013, 11:15 AM EDT
Jerry Crasnick of ESPN.com reports that Jason Bartlett has agreed to a minor-league deal with Minnesota, where he started at shortstop from 2005-2007 before being traded to Tampa Bay in the Delmon Young-Matt Garza swap.
Bartlett was injured and ineffective in 2012 and sat out all of this season, so at age 34 there’s no telling if he has anything left in the tank. He hasn’t topped a .700 OPS since 2009, but the Twins are always in need of middle infield help and there’s no risk to a non-roster invitation to spring training.
- 2014 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 34
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12