Nov 11, 2013, 11:15 AM EDT
Jerry Crasnick of ESPN.com reports that Jason Bartlett has agreed to a minor-league deal with Minnesota, where he started at shortstop from 2005-2007 before being traded to Tampa Bay in the Delmon Young–Matt Garza swap.
Bartlett was injured and ineffective in 2012 and sat out all of this season, so at age 34 there’s no telling if he has anything left in the tank. He hasn’t topped a .700 OPS since 2009, but the Twins are always in need of middle infield help and there’s no risk to a non-roster invitation to spring training.
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 0
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 91
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (125)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (95)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (95)