Nov 11, 2013, 11:15 AM EDT
Jerry Crasnick of ESPN.com reports that Jason Bartlett has agreed to a minor-league deal with Minnesota, where he started at shortstop from 2005-2007 before being traded to Tampa Bay in the Delmon Young-Matt Garza swap.
Bartlett was injured and ineffective in 2012 and sat out all of this season, so at age 34 there’s no telling if he has anything left in the tank. He hasn’t topped a .700 OPS since 2009, but the Twins are always in need of middle infield help and there’s no risk to a non-roster invitation to spring training.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 63
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (111)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)