Nov 12, 2013, 7:55 AM EST
And I want a pony:
Agt Barry Praver says “Manny (Ramirez) is interested in continuing his career in MLB or Japan” says Manny continues to hit/stay in shape
— Joel Sherman (@Joelsherman1) November 11, 2013
I think Japan may be a reach.
Ramirez has had multiple chances to show he has something left in the tank in recent years and he’s shown nothing. Both the A’s and Rangers gave him looks in Triple-A and neither thought he could help them. He had a .697 OPS in 69 plate appearances in Sacramento in 2012 and a .698 OPS in 119 plate appearances for Round Rock in 2013. That’s the sound of a 41 year-old man finding his level. Ramirez knocked the cover off the ball in Taiwan last season. That’s probably also his level.
It’s been real, Manny. But it’s over.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 83
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 47
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 35
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 145
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)