Nov 12, 2013, 7:55 AM EDT
And I want a pony:
Agt Barry Praver says “Manny (Ramirez) is interested in continuing his career in MLB or Japan” says Manny continues to hit/stay in shape
— Joel Sherman (@Joelsherman1) November 11, 2013
I think Japan may be a reach.
Ramirez has had multiple chances to show he has something left in the tank in recent years and he’s shown nothing. Both the A’s and Rangers gave him looks in Triple-A and neither thought he could help them. He had a .697 OPS in 69 plate appearances in Sacramento in 2012 and a .698 OPS in 119 plate appearances for Round Rock in 2013. That’s the sound of a 41 year-old man finding his level. Ramirez knocked the cover off the ball in Taiwan last season. That’s probably also his level.
It’s been real, Manny. But it’s over.
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 0
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 19
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 22
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 54
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 66
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 85
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 40
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)