Nov 12, 2013, 7:55 AM EDT
And I want a pony:
Agt Barry Praver says “Manny (Ramirez) is interested in continuing his career in MLB or Japan” says Manny continues to hit/stay in shape
— Joel Sherman (@Joelsherman1) November 11, 2013
I think Japan may be a reach.
Ramirez has had multiple chances to show he has something left in the tank in recent years and he’s shown nothing. Both the A’s and Rangers gave him looks in Triple-A and neither thought he could help them. He had a .697 OPS in 69 plate appearances in Sacramento in 2012 and a .698 OPS in 119 plate appearances for Round Rock in 2013. That’s the sound of a 41 year-old man finding his level. Ramirez knocked the cover off the ball in Taiwan last season. That’s probably also his level.
It’s been real, Manny. But it’s over.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 28
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 30
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 33
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (102)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)