Nov 12, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
Which isn’t going to make a ton of Phillies fans happy given how popular Ruiz is and how polarizing a figure Pierzynski is. Still, he’s not horrible as fallback options go. Pierzynski hit .272/.297/.425 with 17 home runs and 70 RBI in 134 games this past season and at age 37 would not likely be looking at a long term deal. He’d be the catching Marlon Byrd, right?
This would also be a good signing for Fox. They like to use Pierzynski for their postseason coverage and, if he signs in Philly, they can be guaranteed that he’ll be free come the first of October. Total win-win.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (85)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (76)