Nov 12, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
Which isn’t going to make a ton of Phillies fans happy given how popular Ruiz is and how polarizing a figure Pierzynski is. Still, he’s not horrible as fallback options go. Pierzynski hit .272/.297/.425 with 17 home runs and 70 RBI in 134 games this past season and at age 37 would not likely be looking at a long term deal. He’d be the catching Marlon Byrd, right?
This would also be a good signing for Fox. They like to use Pierzynski for their postseason coverage and, if he signs in Philly, they can be guaranteed that he’ll be free come the first of October. Total win-win.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 15
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17