Nov 12, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
Which isn’t going to make a ton of Phillies fans happy given how popular Ruiz is and how polarizing a figure Pierzynski is. Still, he’s not horrible as fallback options go. Pierzynski hit .272/.297/.425 with 17 home runs and 70 RBI in 134 games this past season and at age 37 would not likely be looking at a long term deal. He’d be the catching Marlon Byrd, right?
This would also be a good signing for Fox. They like to use Pierzynski for their postseason coverage and, if he signs in Philly, they can be guaranteed that he’ll be free come the first of October. Total win-win.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (147)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)