Nov 12, 2013, 4:04 PM EDT
After releasing Chris Perez the Indians might be in the market for a new closer and Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that they’re “scheduled to talk to” free agents Fernando Rodney and Brian Wilson.
However, according to Hoynes the Indians are more likely to wait for someone’s price tag to drop rather than jumping in right away, in part because they have some potential in-house closer options in Cody Allen and Bryan Shaw.
Or, to put it another way: Cleveland has learned its lesson about paying for a so-called “proven closer” after watching Perez struggle while making $7 million.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (110)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)