Nov 12, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
Nationals general manager Mike Rizzo has talked about wanting to add some left-handed bullpen help and Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post reports that the team has shown interest in free agent southpaw Boone Logan.
Logan spent the past four seasons as the Yankees’ situational left-hander, tossing 176 innings in 256 appearances, and struck out 10.3 batters per nine innings with a 3.38 ERA. He missed nearly the entire final month with an elbow injury and had surgery to remove a bone chip in October, but is expected to be fully healthy in time for spring training.
At age 29 he figures to get a multi-year deal, although trying to predict the middle reliever market is always tough.
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 38
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 10
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 4
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 78
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)