Nov 12, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
Nationals general manager Mike Rizzo has talked about wanting to add some left-handed bullpen help and Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post reports that the team has shown interest in free agent southpaw Boone Logan.
Logan spent the past four seasons as the Yankees’ situational left-hander, tossing 176 innings in 256 appearances, and struck out 10.3 batters per nine innings with a 3.38 ERA. He missed nearly the entire final month with an elbow injury and had surgery to remove a bone chip in October, but is expected to be fully healthy in time for spring training.
At age 29 he figures to get a multi-year deal, although trying to predict the middle reliever market is always tough.
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 7
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 24
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 43
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- Carlos Gomez headed to disabled list with hamstring injury 11
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract 153
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)