Nov 12, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
Nationals general manager Mike Rizzo has talked about wanting to add some left-handed bullpen help and Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post reports that the team has shown interest in free agent southpaw Boone Logan.
Logan spent the past four seasons as the Yankees’ situational left-hander, tossing 176 innings in 256 appearances, and struck out 10.3 batters per nine innings with a 3.38 ERA. He missed nearly the entire final month with an elbow injury and had surgery to remove a bone chip in October, but is expected to be fully healthy in time for spring training.
At age 29 he figures to get a multi-year deal, although trying to predict the middle reliever market is always tough.
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 33
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 21
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 15
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 39
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 50
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)