Nov 12, 2013, 10:47 AM EST
Nationals general manager Mike Rizzo has talked about wanting to add some left-handed bullpen help and Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post reports that the team has shown interest in free agent southpaw Boone Logan.
Logan spent the past four seasons as the Yankees’ situational left-hander, tossing 176 innings in 256 appearances, and struck out 10.3 batters per nine innings with a 3.38 ERA. He missed nearly the entire final month with an elbow injury and had surgery to remove a bone chip in October, but is expected to be fully healthy in time for spring training.
At age 29 he figures to get a multi-year deal, although trying to predict the middle reliever market is always tough.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 162
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (162)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (137)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)