Nov 12, 2013, 3:07 PM EDT
Troy Renck of the Denver Post reports that the Rockies made an offer to Carlos Ruiz some time in the past 48 hours. This was not unexpected given what Renck reported yesterday (and earlier) of the Rockies’ clear interest in Ruiz.
There is a lot going on in the free agent catching market, what with Brian McCann Jarrod Saltalamacchia and A.J. Pierzynski all looking for teams. As it is the Rockies have a fine hitting catcher in Wilin Rosario. He just can’t catch worth a lick, so his future is at first base or the outfield.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)