Nov 12, 2013, 3:07 PM EDT
Troy Renck of the Denver Post reports that the Rockies made an offer to Carlos Ruiz some time in the past 48 hours. This was not unexpected given what Renck reported yesterday (and earlier) of the Rockies’ clear interest in Ruiz.
There is a lot going on in the free agent catching market, what with Brian McCann Jarrod Saltalamacchia and A.J. Pierzynski all looking for teams. As it is the Rockies have a fine hitting catcher in Wilin Rosario. He just can’t catch worth a lick, so his future is at first base or the outfield.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 35
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 23
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (204)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)