Nov 12, 2013, 3:07 PM EDT
Troy Renck of the Denver Post reports that the Rockies made an offer to Carlos Ruiz some time in the past 48 hours. This was not unexpected given what Renck reported yesterday (and earlier) of the Rockies’ clear interest in Ruiz.
There is a lot going on in the free agent catching market, what with Brian McCann Jarrod Saltalamacchia and A.J. Pierzynski all looking for teams. As it is the Rockies have a fine hitting catcher in Wilin Rosario. He just can’t catch worth a lick, so his future is at first base or the outfield.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 41
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 57
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 91
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 45
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)