Nov 12, 2013, 3:07 PM EDT
Troy Renck of the Denver Post reports that the Rockies made an offer to Carlos Ruiz some time in the past 48 hours. This was not unexpected given what Renck reported yesterday (and earlier) of the Rockies’ clear interest in Ruiz.
There is a lot going on in the free agent catching market, what with Brian McCann Jarrod Saltalamacchia and A.J. Pierzynski all looking for teams. As it is the Rockies have a fine hitting catcher in Wilin Rosario. He just can’t catch worth a lick, so his future is at first base or the outfield.
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 7
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 24
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 43
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- Carlos Gomez headed to disabled list with hamstring injury 11
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)