Nov 12, 2013, 3:07 PM EDT
Troy Renck of the Denver Post reports that the Rockies made an offer to Carlos Ruiz some time in the past 48 hours. This was not unexpected given what Renck reported yesterday (and earlier) of the Rockies’ clear interest in Ruiz.
There is a lot going on in the free agent catching market, what with Brian McCann Jarrod Saltalamacchia and A.J. Pierzynski all looking for teams. As it is the Rockies have a fine hitting catcher in Wilin Rosario. He just can’t catch worth a lick, so his future is at first base or the outfield.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 12
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 36
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)