Nov 12, 2013, 4:46 PM EDT
This is pretty cool.
Mariano Rivera has talked about wanting the Yankees to play an exhibition game in his hometown of Panama City, Panama and now it’s happening.
Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News reports that the Yankees will play two exhibition games against the Marlins in Panama on March 15 and March 16.
Should be a great scene, with Rivera no doubt being part of the festivities. And maybe Yankees manager Joe Girardi can give him a last-minute “come out of retirement, please” sales pitch.
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 36
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 74
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 45
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 75
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 26
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (100)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)