Nov 12, 2013, 4:46 PM EDT
This is pretty cool.
Mariano Rivera has talked about wanting the Yankees to play an exhibition game in his hometown of Panama City, Panama and now it’s happening.
Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News reports that the Yankees will play two exhibition games against the Marlins in Panama on March 15 and March 16.
Should be a great scene, with Rivera no doubt being part of the festivities. And maybe Yankees manager Joe Girardi can give him a last-minute “come out of retirement, please” sales pitch.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 101
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (101)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)