Nov 12, 2013, 4:46 PM EDT
This is pretty cool.
Mariano Rivera has talked about wanting the Yankees to play an exhibition game in his hometown of Panama City, Panama and now it’s happening.
Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News reports that the Yankees will play two exhibition games against the Marlins in Panama on March 15 and March 16.
Should be a great scene, with Rivera no doubt being part of the festivities. And maybe Yankees manager Joe Girardi can give him a last-minute “come out of retirement, please” sales pitch.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (213)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (124)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)