Nov 13, 2013, 11:03 AM EDT
The Mets are considering dealing Davis and going with Lucas Duda. This despite the fact that, recent troubles notwithstanding, Davis has shown serious promise in the past. Part of their desire to trade Davis over Duda could be that they simply think they’ve seen his best and have more confidence in Duda. Part of it could be that they know Davis has greater potential, but know that they can get more for him in a trade than Duda. In other words, the Duda + Davis haul > Davis + Duda haul in overall value.
Davis certainly would be an interesting reclamation projected. Especially for a team in a more hitter friendly ballpark.
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 16
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 11
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 182
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 87
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (183)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)