Nov 13, 2013, 11:03 AM EDT
The Mets are considering dealing Davis and going with Lucas Duda. This despite the fact that, recent troubles notwithstanding, Davis has shown serious promise in the past. Part of their desire to trade Davis over Duda could be that they simply think they’ve seen his best and have more confidence in Duda. Part of it could be that they know Davis has greater potential, but know that they can get more for him in a trade than Duda. In other words, the Duda + Davis haul > Davis + Duda haul in overall value.
Davis certainly would be an interesting reclamation projected. Especially for a team in a more hitter friendly ballpark.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)