Nov 13, 2013, 11:03 AM EST
The Mets are considering dealing Davis and going with Lucas Duda. This despite the fact that, recent troubles notwithstanding, Davis has shown serious promise in the past. Part of their desire to trade Davis over Duda could be that they simply think they’ve seen his best and have more confidence in Duda. Part of it could be that they know Davis has greater potential, but know that they can get more for him in a trade than Duda. In other words, the Duda + Davis haul > Davis + Duda haul in overall value.
Davis certainly would be an interesting reclamation projected. Especially for a team in a more hitter friendly ballpark.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)