Nov 13, 2013, 11:03 AM EDT
The Mets are considering dealing Davis and going with Lucas Duda. This despite the fact that, recent troubles notwithstanding, Davis has shown serious promise in the past. Part of their desire to trade Davis over Duda could be that they simply think they’ve seen his best and have more confidence in Duda. Part of it could be that they know Davis has greater potential, but know that they can get more for him in a trade than Duda. In other words, the Duda + Davis haul > Davis + Duda haul in overall value.
Davis certainly would be an interesting reclamation projected. Especially for a team in a more hitter friendly ballpark.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 11
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)