Nov 13, 2013, 11:03 AM EDT
The Mets are considering dealing Davis and going with Lucas Duda. This despite the fact that, recent troubles notwithstanding, Davis has shown serious promise in the past. Part of their desire to trade Davis over Duda could be that they simply think they’ve seen his best and have more confidence in Duda. Part of it could be that they know Davis has greater potential, but know that they can get more for him in a trade than Duda. In other words, the Duda + Davis haul > Davis + Duda haul in overall value.
Davis certainly would be an interesting reclamation projected. Especially for a team in a more hitter friendly ballpark.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 51
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 71
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 67
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 107
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (107)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (71)