Nov 13, 2013, 8:53 PM EDT
The Giants’ hunt for new starting pitchers is on.
According to FOX Sports’ Jon Morosi, the San Francisco front office has requested to view the medical records of free agent right-hander Jason Hammel — an indication that the interest level is pretty serious. Hammel posted a rough 4.97 ERA and 1.46 WHIP in 139 1/3 innings this past season for the Orioles, but he was battling a forearm injury and produced much better numbers in 2012.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 9
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 14
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 48
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring 131
- Yankees GM Brian Cashman acknowledges team won’t pay A-Rod $6 million bonus for 660th home run 69
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (363)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (201)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (162)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (131)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)