Nov 13, 2013, 8:53 PM EDT
The Giants’ hunt for new starting pitchers is on.
According to FOX Sports’ Jon Morosi, the San Francisco front office has requested to view the medical records of free agent right-hander Jason Hammel — an indication that the interest level is pretty serious. Hammel posted a rough 4.97 ERA and 1.46 WHIP in 139 1/3 innings this past season for the Orioles, but he was battling a forearm injury and produced much better numbers in 2012.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 8
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 10
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 61
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 96
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)