Nov 13, 2013, 8:53 PM EDT
The Giants’ hunt for new starting pitchers is on.
According to FOX Sports’ Jon Morosi, the San Francisco front office has requested to view the medical records of free agent right-hander Jason Hammel — an indication that the interest level is pretty serious. Hammel posted a rough 4.97 ERA and 1.46 WHIP in 139 1/3 innings this past season for the Orioles, but he was battling a forearm injury and produced much better numbers in 2012.
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 73
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 62
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 66
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 72
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)