Nov 13, 2013, 8:53 PM EST
The Giants’ hunt for new starting pitchers is on.
According to FOX Sports’ Jon Morosi, the San Francisco front office has requested to view the medical records of free agent right-hander Jason Hammel — an indication that the interest level is pretty serious. Hammel posted a rough 4.97 ERA and 1.46 WHIP in 139 1/3 innings this past season for the Orioles, but he was battling a forearm injury and produced much better numbers in 2012.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 56
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 85
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 37
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 14
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (85)