Nov 13, 2013, 9:20 AM EDT
Last night Howard Eskin of 94 WIP in Philly reported that the Blue Jays and Phillies were discussing a possible Jose Bautista-for-Dominic Brown trade. It was something of a crazy rumor as far as these things go, but I suppose there is crazier.
Jon Heyman says this morning, however, that there’s nothing to it. Eskin is holding firm, saying it’s still a thing, but given that Heyman tends to have pretty darn good sourcing when it comes to Phillies stuff — and given that Eskin is not exactly at the vanguard of breaking baseball news — I’m going with Heyman here.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 14
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 23
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)