Nov 13, 2013, 9:20 AM EDT
Last night Howard Eskin of 94 WIP in Philly reported that the Blue Jays and Phillies were discussing a possible Jose Bautista-for-Dominic Brown trade. It was something of a crazy rumor as far as these things go, but I suppose there is crazier.
Jon Heyman says this morning, however, that there’s nothing to it. Eskin is holding firm, saying it’s still a thing, but given that Heyman tends to have pretty darn good sourcing when it comes to Phillies stuff — and given that Eskin is not exactly at the vanguard of breaking baseball news — I’m going with Heyman here.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 18
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)