Nov 13, 2013, 9:20 AM EDT
Last night Howard Eskin of 94 WIP in Philly reported that the Blue Jays and Phillies were discussing a possible Jose Bautista-for-Dominic Brown trade. It was something of a crazy rumor as far as these things go, but I suppose there is crazier.
Jon Heyman says this morning, however, that there’s nothing to it. Eskin is holding firm, saying it’s still a thing, but given that Heyman tends to have pretty darn good sourcing when it comes to Phillies stuff — and given that Eskin is not exactly at the vanguard of breaking baseball news — I’m going with Heyman here.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 8
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 36
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)