Nov 13, 2013, 9:20 AM EDT
Last night Howard Eskin of 94 WIP in Philly reported that the Blue Jays and Phillies were discussing a possible Jose Bautista-for-Dominic Brown trade. It was something of a crazy rumor as far as these things go, but I suppose there is crazier.
Jon Heyman says this morning, however, that there’s nothing to it. Eskin is holding firm, saying it’s still a thing, but given that Heyman tends to have pretty darn good sourcing when it comes to Phillies stuff — and given that Eskin is not exactly at the vanguard of breaking baseball news — I’m going with Heyman here.
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 0
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 4
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 53
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 12
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 11
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)