Nov 13, 2013, 1:33 PM EDT
Adding a little middle relief depth, the Phillies have signed right-hander Shawn Camp to a minor-league deal, according to Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com.
Camp was awful for the Cubs this year and at age 38 he might be finished, but he did post a 3.59 ERA in a league-leading 80 appearances in 2012 and had a combined 3.56 ERA in 296 innings from 2009-2012.
He’ll compete for a bullpen spot in spring training, so it’s a no-risk addition for Philly.
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 3
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 19
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)