Nov 13, 2013, 1:33 PM EDT
Adding a little middle relief depth, the Phillies have signed right-hander Shawn Camp to a minor-league deal, according to Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com.
Camp was awful for the Cubs this year and at age 38 he might be finished, but he did post a 3.59 ERA in a league-leading 80 appearances in 2012 and had a combined 3.56 ERA in 296 innings from 2009-2012.
He’ll compete for a bullpen spot in spring training, so it’s a no-risk addition for Philly.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 70
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 83
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 64
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)