Nov 13, 2013, 1:33 PM EST
Adding a little middle relief depth, the Phillies have signed right-hander Shawn Camp to a minor-league deal, according to Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com.
Camp was awful for the Cubs this year and at age 38 he might be finished, but he did post a 3.59 ERA in a league-leading 80 appearances in 2012 and had a combined 3.56 ERA in 296 innings from 2009-2012.
He’ll compete for a bullpen spot in spring training, so it’s a no-risk addition for Philly.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)