Nov 13, 2013, 1:33 PM EDT
Adding a little middle relief depth, the Phillies have signed right-hander Shawn Camp to a minor-league deal, according to Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com.
Camp was awful for the Cubs this year and at age 38 he might be finished, but he did post a 3.59 ERA in a league-leading 80 appearances in 2012 and had a combined 3.56 ERA in 296 innings from 2009-2012.
He’ll compete for a bullpen spot in spring training, so it’s a no-risk addition for Philly.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 37
- Andrew McCutchen departs game versus Cardinals after aggravating injured left rib cage 3
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 12
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 14
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- Shin-Soo Choo to undergo season-ending bone spur surgery on elbow 13
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (142)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)