Nov 13, 2013, 1:33 PM EDT
Adding a little middle relief depth, the Phillies have signed right-hander Shawn Camp to a minor-league deal, according to Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com.
Camp was awful for the Cubs this year and at age 38 he might be finished, but he did post a 3.59 ERA in a league-leading 80 appearances in 2012 and had a combined 3.56 ERA in 296 innings from 2009-2012.
He’ll compete for a bullpen spot in spring training, so it’s a no-risk addition for Philly.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (154)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)