Nov 14, 2013, 10:15 PM EDT
Mike Napoli spent two years with the Rangers before latching on with the Red Sox last offseason. Now there’s increased chatter that a return to Texas could be in his future.
Napoli made a total of 51 starts at first base during his time with the Rangers, but he was pushed into regular duty at the position with the Red Sox this season due to his hip condition. It’s stands to reason that he would get more comfortable at the position now that his days as a catcher are over. The Rangers could really use an upgrade at first base, but it would be a bit of a surprise if Napoli didn’t return to the Red Sox. It looks like he has found a home there. Getting some interest from Texas might give him the leverage he needs to secure a multi-year deal from Boston, at the very least.
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 21
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 117
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- This team. 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (117)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)