Nov 14, 2013, 8:33 AM EDT
A day after Nick Punto signed with the A’s, Mike Berardino of the St. Paul Pioneer Press reports that Jamey Carroll is drawing “significant interest” on the free agent market. Guess it’s good to be a gamer/utility guy.
Carroll hit .211/.267/.251 last year between the Twins and Royals and he’s 39, so the definition of “significant” may be open to interpretation. But he can play three or four positions for you and — more importantly — he’s an Expos draft pick from back in the day, so he clearly has some remaining value.
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 17
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (134)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)