Nov 14, 2013, 8:33 AM EDT
A day after Nick Punto signed with the A’s, Mike Berardino of the St. Paul Pioneer Press reports that Jamey Carroll is drawing “significant interest” on the free agent market. Guess it’s good to be a gamer/utility guy.
Carroll hit .211/.267/.251 last year between the Twins and Royals and he’s 39, so the definition of “significant” may be open to interpretation. But he can play three or four positions for you and — more importantly — he’s an Expos draft pick from back in the day, so he clearly has some remaining value.
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 24
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 17
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 44
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 39
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 20
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 158
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 33
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (158)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)