Nov 14, 2013, 8:33 AM EDT
A day after Nick Punto signed with the A’s, Mike Berardino of the St. Paul Pioneer Press reports that Jamey Carroll is drawing “significant interest” on the free agent market. Guess it’s good to be a gamer/utility guy.
Carroll hit .211/.267/.251 last year between the Twins and Royals and he’s 39, so the definition of “significant” may be open to interpretation. But he can play three or four positions for you and — more importantly — he’s an Expos draft pick from back in the day, so he clearly has some remaining value.
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 18
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 53
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 22
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 133
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 132
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 36
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (135)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (133)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)