Nov 14, 2013, 8:33 AM EDT
A day after Nick Punto signed with the A’s, Mike Berardino of the St. Paul Pioneer Press reports that Jamey Carroll is drawing “significant interest” on the free agent market. Guess it’s good to be a gamer/utility guy.
Carroll hit .211/.267/.251 last year between the Twins and Royals and he’s 39, so the definition of “significant” may be open to interpretation. But he can play three or four positions for you and — more importantly — he’s an Expos draft pick from back in the day, so he clearly has some remaining value.
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 10
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 115
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- This team. 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (117)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)