Nov 14, 2013, 8:33 AM EST
A day after Nick Punto signed with the A’s, Mike Berardino of the St. Paul Pioneer Press reports that Jamey Carroll is drawing “significant interest” on the free agent market. Guess it’s good to be a gamer/utility guy.
Carroll hit .211/.267/.251 last year between the Twins and Royals and he’s 39, so the definition of “significant” may be open to interpretation. But he can play three or four positions for you and — more importantly — he’s an Expos draft pick from back in the day, so he clearly has some remaining value.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 303
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (303)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)