Nov 14, 2013, 11:49 AM EDT
We’re still three months from spring training, but after missing nearly all of this year following multiple back surgeries Rangers left-hander Matt Harrison is getting a head start on the annual Best Shape Of His Life rush:
Via Richard Durrett of ESPN Dallas:
Harrison said he’s down to 240 pounds, a weight that he’d like to stay at for spring training. Thanks mainly to medication, Harrison said he ballooned up to 270 pounds at one point. He said his playing weight is normally around 250, but doesn’t want to pitch at that weight anymore. “It would help with everything to take a little stress off the back and make it easier to run,” Harrison said.
6-foot-4 and 240 pounds is still a big boy, but hopefully this helps Harrison stay healthy and resume being one of the league’s best lefties in 2014.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (85)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (78)