Nov 14, 2013, 11:02 PM EST
While no deal is considered imminent, FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal and Jon Paul Morosi are reporting that Morrison is drawing “significant” trade interest. Aside from Stanton, Morrison was the Marlins’ most-asked about player at the GM meetings this week and the club is willing to listen to offers.
Morrison is coming off a down year in which he hit .242/.333/.375 with six home runs and 36 RBI in 85 games after returning from knee surgery, but he’s still just 26 years old and has shown some power potential and on-base ability in the past. He’s arbitration-eligible for the first time this winter, so he likely won’t be around by the time the Marlins are competitive again. Similar to Ike Davis with the Mets, he could do well with a change of scenery.
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 0
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 83
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 47
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 35
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 145
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (112)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)