Nov 14, 2013, 11:02 PM EDT
While no deal is considered imminent, FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal and Jon Paul Morosi are reporting that Morrison is drawing “significant” trade interest. Aside from Stanton, Morrison was the Marlins’ most-asked about player at the GM meetings this week and the club is willing to listen to offers.
Morrison is coming off a down year in which he hit .242/.333/.375 with six home runs and 36 RBI in 85 games after returning from knee surgery, but he’s still just 26 years old and has shown some power potential and on-base ability in the past. He’s arbitration-eligible for the first time this winter, so he likely won’t be around by the time the Marlins are competitive again. Similar to Ike Davis with the Mets, he could do well with a change of scenery.
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 43
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 10
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 35
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 62
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 27
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process (78)