Nov 14, 2013, 11:02 PM EDT
While no deal is considered imminent, FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal and Jon Paul Morosi are reporting that Morrison is drawing “significant” trade interest. Aside from Stanton, Morrison was the Marlins’ most-asked about player at the GM meetings this week and the club is willing to listen to offers.
Morrison is coming off a down year in which he hit .242/.333/.375 with six home runs and 36 RBI in 85 games after returning from knee surgery, but he’s still just 26 years old and has shown some power potential and on-base ability in the past. He’s arbitration-eligible for the first time this winter, so he likely won’t be around by the time the Marlins are competitive again. Similar to Ike Davis with the Mets, he could do well with a change of scenery.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (109)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)