Nov 14, 2013, 11:02 PM EST
While no deal is considered imminent, FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal and Jon Paul Morosi are reporting that Morrison is drawing “significant” trade interest. Aside from Stanton, Morrison was the Marlins’ most-asked about player at the GM meetings this week and the club is willing to listen to offers.
Morrison is coming off a down year in which he hit .242/.333/.375 with six home runs and 36 RBI in 85 games after returning from knee surgery, but he’s still just 26 years old and has shown some power potential and on-base ability in the past. He’s arbitration-eligible for the first time this winter, so he likely won’t be around by the time the Marlins are competitive again. Similar to Ike Davis with the Mets, he could do well with a change of scenery.
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 18
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 34
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 146
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (379)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (146)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)