Nov 14, 2013, 2:14 PM EST
Reports have varied regarding what type of offer the Red Sox have made to re-sign Mike Napoli, but in the meantime Troy Renck of the Denver Post reports that the Rockies have expressed interest in the free agent first baseman.
Colorado’s first-round pick is protected, so signing Napoli would cost them a second-rounder instead after he turned down the one-year, $14.1 million qualifying offer from the Red Sox.
Questions about his health turned a three-year deal into a one-year deal for Napoli last offseason, but he hit .259 with 23 homers and an .842 OPS in 139 games for the Red Sox and now looks to be in line for a big payday.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 287
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 67
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (287)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)