Nov 14, 2013, 2:14 PM EDT
Reports have varied regarding what type of offer the Red Sox have made to re-sign Mike Napoli, but in the meantime Troy Renck of the Denver Post reports that the Rockies have expressed interest in the free agent first baseman.
Colorado’s first-round pick is protected, so signing Napoli would cost them a second-rounder instead after he turned down the one-year, $14.1 million qualifying offer from the Red Sox.
Questions about his health turned a three-year deal into a one-year deal for Napoli last offseason, but he hit .259 with 23 homers and an .842 OPS in 139 games for the Red Sox and now looks to be in line for a big payday.
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 103
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 85
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 164
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (202)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (164)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (123)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)