Nov 14, 2013, 5:18 PM EDT
Well, the headline kind of says it all, but:
— Richard Durrett (@espn_durrett) November 14, 2013
I’d like to think that this represents some stability in Rosales’ life after a year in which he was passed around like a bowl of mashed potatoes on Sunday dinner. As a reminder, this was Rosales’ 2013:
- He was with the Athletics until August;
- The Athletics DFA’d him and he was claimed by the Rangers;
- He joined the Rangers, got his uniform, learned their signs and then was promptly DFA’d three days later.
- He was claimed by the Athletics, flew to Toronto and joined his team as it prepared to face the Blue Jays.
- The very next day the Athletics once again DFA’d him. And then;
- The Rangers claimed him again.
Nick Punto is in Oakland now, so maybe Billy Beane will stop toying with Rosales. Maybe not. Either way: he knows that he’s gonna make $750K next year, no matter where his travels take him.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 1
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 134
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 19
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 48
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 49
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 356
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (356)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (198)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (163)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)