Nov 14, 2013, 5:18 PM EST
Well, the headline kind of says it all, but:
— Richard Durrett (@espn_durrett) November 14, 2013
I’d like to think that this represents some stability in Rosales’ life after a year in which he was passed around like a bowl of mashed potatoes on Sunday dinner. As a reminder, this was Rosales’ 2013:
- He was with the Athletics until August;
- The Athletics DFA’d him and he was claimed by the Rangers;
- He joined the Rangers, got his uniform, learned their signs and then was promptly DFA’d three days later.
- He was claimed by the Athletics, flew to Toronto and joined his team as it prepared to face the Blue Jays.
- The very next day the Athletics once again DFA’d him. And then;
- The Rangers claimed him again.
Nick Punto is in Oakland now, so maybe Billy Beane will stop toying with Rosales. Maybe not. Either way: he knows that he’s gonna make $750K next year, no matter where his travels take him.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 42
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 166
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (166)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)