Nov 14, 2013, 5:18 PM EST
Well, the headline kind of says it all, but:
— Richard Durrett (@espn_durrett) November 14, 2013
I’d like to think that this represents some stability in Rosales’ life after a year in which he was passed around like a bowl of mashed potatoes on Sunday dinner. As a reminder, this was Rosales’ 2013:
- He was with the Athletics until August;
- The Athletics DFA’d him and he was claimed by the Rangers;
- He joined the Rangers, got his uniform, learned their signs and then was promptly DFA’d three days later.
- He was claimed by the Athletics, flew to Toronto and joined his team as it prepared to face the Blue Jays.
- The very next day the Athletics once again DFA’d him. And then;
- The Rangers claimed him again.
Nick Punto is in Oakland now, so maybe Billy Beane will stop toying with Rosales. Maybe not. Either way: he knows that he’s gonna make $750K next year, no matter where his travels take him.
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 64
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 32
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 13
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 119
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (119)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (93)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)