Nov 14, 2013, 5:18 PM EDT
Well, the headline kind of says it all, but:
— Richard Durrett (@espn_durrett) November 14, 2013
I’d like to think that this represents some stability in Rosales’ life after a year in which he was passed around like a bowl of mashed potatoes on Sunday dinner. As a reminder, this was Rosales’ 2013:
- He was with the Athletics until August;
- The Athletics DFA’d him and he was claimed by the Rangers;
- He joined the Rangers, got his uniform, learned their signs and then was promptly DFA’d three days later.
- He was claimed by the Athletics, flew to Toronto and joined his team as it prepared to face the Blue Jays.
- The very next day the Athletics once again DFA’d him. And then;
- The Rangers claimed him again.
Nick Punto is in Oakland now, so maybe Billy Beane will stop toying with Rosales. Maybe not. Either way: he knows that he’s gonna make $750K next year, no matter where his travels take him.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 8
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 162
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 6
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (249)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (162)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)