Nov 14, 2013, 2:45 PM EDT
Aceves, 32, posted a 4.86 ERA with 24 Ks and 22 BB in 37 innings for the Sox last year, splitting time between starting and bullpen work. Oh, and the minor leagues because he was kind of a pain in the butt at times and pains in the butt aren’t worth it unless they have an ERA under 3.
Which he did for Boston in a mostly relief role a couple of years ago. Some teams are likely to see that promise still and give him a chance. It shouldn’t be too expensive a chance, either.
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 34
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 71
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 24
- 2014 Preview: Kansas City Royals 17
- Kris Medlen expects to have another Tommy John surgery 13
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (104)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (89)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)