Nov 14, 2013, 2:45 PM EDT
Aceves, 32, posted a 4.86 ERA with 24 Ks and 22 BB in 37 innings for the Sox last year, splitting time between starting and bullpen work. Oh, and the minor leagues because he was kind of a pain in the butt at times and pains in the butt aren’t worth it unless they have an ERA under 3.
Which he did for Boston in a mostly relief role a couple of years ago. Some teams are likely to see that promise still and give him a chance. It shouldn’t be too expensive a chance, either.
- Bryce Harper continues to lead N.L All-Star voting; Buster Posey passes Yadier Molina 12
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 97
- Rangers call up power-hitting top prospect Joey Gallo 12
- American League All-Star voting update: Royals players still rule the roost 36
- Jose Fernandez cleared for rehab assignment in comeback from Tommy John surgery 10
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 150
- Johnny Cueto to return to Reds’ rotation Tuesday 3
- Khris Davis has a torn meniscus in his right knee 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (150)
- Stan Hack didn’t hack and other inappropriate baseball names (134)
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (133)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (97)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)