Nov 14, 2013, 2:45 PM EDT
Aceves, 32, posted a 4.86 ERA with 24 Ks and 22 BB in 37 innings for the Sox last year, splitting time between starting and bullpen work. Oh, and the minor leagues because he was kind of a pain in the butt at times and pains in the butt aren’t worth it unless they have an ERA under 3.
Which he did for Boston in a mostly relief role a couple of years ago. Some teams are likely to see that promise still and give him a chance. It shouldn’t be too expensive a chance, either.
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 23
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 102
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 75
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (102)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)