Nov 14, 2013, 2:45 PM EDT
Aceves, 32, posted a 4.86 ERA with 24 Ks and 22 BB in 37 innings for the Sox last year, splitting time between starting and bullpen work. Oh, and the minor leagues because he was kind of a pain in the butt at times and pains in the butt aren’t worth it unless they have an ERA under 3.
Which he did for Boston in a mostly relief role a couple of years ago. Some teams are likely to see that promise still and give him a chance. It shouldn’t be too expensive a chance, either.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 16
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 32
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)