Nov 14, 2013, 2:45 PM EST
Aceves, 32, posted a 4.86 ERA with 24 Ks and 22 BB in 37 innings for the Sox last year, splitting time between starting and bullpen work. Oh, and the minor leagues because he was kind of a pain in the butt at times and pains in the butt aren’t worth it unless they have an ERA under 3.
Which he did for Boston in a mostly relief role a couple of years ago. Some teams are likely to see that promise still and give him a chance. It shouldn’t be too expensive a chance, either.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)