Tweet of the Day: Craig Kimbrel ponders a career at Taco Bell

Nov 14, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT

Tweet of the night, actually, but still:

I like the impulse, Craig, but don’t bother. I hear that Fredi Gonzalez is the manager of that Taco Bell. And you know how it’ll go: lunch rush comes, everyone’s slammed and the lines are backing up. And Fredi still doesn’t schedule you because he hired you to be a “closer,” and everyone knows that Taco Bell requires its best employees at 2AM.

1. cur68 - Nov 14, 2013 at 12:44 PM

Take note, MLB PLayers (past and present): THIS is how you use Twitter. One line, not even a sentence (not even a word, really), an innocuous picture, and a sense of humour. If you can’t do it like this, STAY OFF OF TWITTER! (I’m lookin’ at YOU, Larry Jones….)

• voteforno6 - Nov 14, 2013 at 1:00 PM

Wait, Larry was serious about all that stuff? I thought his twitter profile was actually a sophisticated piece of performance art.

• cur68 - Nov 14, 2013 at 1:04 PM

Larry needs to stop taking advice from his sycophants about how funny he is. He’s at his best when he posts a single picture with a single word. Like his “basketball net misadventure” twit-pic. THAT was funny. The rest of it? Not so much. Kimbrel’s his Daddy.

• historiophiliac - Nov 14, 2013 at 4:22 PM

The internets already chased Larry off of the Twitters. And, anyways, some of us post things that would knock your monocle out. But, yeah, maybe I didn’t need to know that Miggy got his new PS4 today and His Heterochromianess thinks he can beat MJ at beer pong…

2. yahmule - Nov 14, 2013 at 1:15 PM

That was good.

3. jm91rs - Nov 14, 2013 at 2:28 PM

Is it new or am I just now seeing that the comments are after a bunch of annoying ads? Something about the site feels different today.

• natstowngreg - Nov 14, 2013 at 4:04 PM

It’s new, and very much annoying. Alas, such is the way of the Internet. It has to be paid for somehow.

4. pbconnection782 - Nov 14, 2013 at 3:20 PM

PUT. THAT COFFEE. DOWN.

5. historiophiliac - Nov 14, 2013 at 11:31 PM

I just occurred to me that Verlander likes to hit Taco Bell on game days. How funny would it be to have Kimbrel serving him gorditas?

Who's to blame for Cubs tarp fiasco?
  1. R. Castillo (3040)