Nov 14, 2013, 7:31 PM EDT
After the Tigers’ Max Scherzer and the Dodgers’ Clayton Kershaw were announced as Cy Young Award winners in their respective leagues last night, MLB tweeted out renderings of WWE (World Wresting Entertainment) title belts for each pitcher. It was a neat idea more than anything else, but the WWE will soon give them actual title belts in recognition of their outstanding seasons.
No word on whether Scherzer and Kershaw will have to defend their titles at an upcoming Pay Per View event.
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 2
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 15
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 12
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 15
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 6
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 31
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)