Nov 14, 2013, 7:31 PM EDT
After the Tigers’ Max Scherzer and the Dodgers’ Clayton Kershaw were announced as Cy Young Award winners in their respective leagues last night, MLB tweeted out renderings of WWE (World Wresting Entertainment) title belts for each pitcher. It was a neat idea more than anything else, but the WWE will soon give them actual title belts in recognition of their outstanding seasons.
No word on whether Scherzer and Kershaw will have to defend their titles at an upcoming Pay Per View event.
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 0
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 5
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (109)