Nov 14, 2013, 7:31 PM EDT
After the Tigers’ Max Scherzer and the Dodgers’ Clayton Kershaw were announced as Cy Young Award winners in their respective leagues last night, MLB tweeted out renderings of WWE (World Wresting Entertainment) title belts for each pitcher. It was a neat idea more than anything else, but the WWE will soon give them actual title belts in recognition of their outstanding seasons.
No word on whether Scherzer and Kershaw will have to defend their titles at an upcoming Pay Per View event.
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 0
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 10
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)