Nov 14, 2013, 7:31 PM EDT
After the Tigers’ Max Scherzer and the Dodgers’ Clayton Kershaw were announced as Cy Young Award winners in their respective leagues last night, MLB tweeted out renderings of WWE (World Wresting Entertainment) title belts for each pitcher. It was a neat idea more than anything else, but the WWE will soon give them actual title belts in recognition of their outstanding seasons.
No word on whether Scherzer and Kershaw will have to defend their titles at an upcoming Pay Per View event.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 26
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 6
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 26
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 43
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 73
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)