Nov 14, 2013, 7:31 PM EST
After the Tigers’ Max Scherzer and the Dodgers’ Clayton Kershaw were announced as Cy Young Award winners in their respective leagues last night, MLB tweeted out renderings of WWE (World Wresting Entertainment) title belts for each pitcher. It was a neat idea more than anything else, but the WWE will soon give them actual title belts in recognition of their outstanding seasons.
No word on whether Scherzer and Kershaw will have to defend their titles at an upcoming Pay Per View event.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (223)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)