Nov 15, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
In order to get healthy enough to return to the mound Lilly underwent a procedure to … well, I’ll let Steve Dilbeck of the Los Angeles Times explain:
Lilly is trying to regain his form in the Venezuelan Winter League after having the nerve endings on the right side of his neck cauterized by a spine specialist. The procedure is not considered surgery, but a large needle is used to burn nerve endings, his agent said.
Woof. Lilly is 38 years old with 13 seasons in the majors and $80 million in career earnings, so he must really like pitching.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (160)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)