Wanna buy the Metrodome baggie?

Nov 15, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT

Metrodome_dome_baggie

Once the Vikings season is over the Metrodome in Minnesota will be torn down and Doug Beldon of the St. Paul Pioneer Press writes that they’re selling off various parts of the stadium, including the outfield wall baggie:

More than a dozen items used at the Dome in downtown Minneapolis are posted on the state’s online auction site for the next week or so, and more will be offered as they become available. …

Two bids had been submitted for a pallet of six wall-mounted benches, and another for 100 padded folding chairs. About a dozen bidders were vying for a generator and a tractor with loader, and a few were interested in a mechanical broom. Other items being auctioned include flooring used at concerts, a field-turf groomer, a water-source heat pump and sheets of foam insulation.

I’d have my eye on the pitcher’s mound and the right field baggie, although having your own “field-turf groomer” could obviously come in handy.

Also of note: My friends and I are trying to rent out the Metrodome in its final days for a co-ed wiffle ball tournament, but so far our attempt has been met with a surprising level of resistance. Might need a Make-A-Wish style intervention.

1. voteforno6 - Nov 15, 2013 at 12:30 PM

Ah, I have some fond memories of Kirby Puckett, Kent Hrbek, and Bob Casey in the Metrodome. I’m not sure it will be missed, but it will be remembered.

2. bdnnbd - Nov 15, 2013 at 12:50 PM

Got excited about the mound until I realized it’s literally just dirt

3. scoutsaysweitersisabust - Nov 15, 2013 at 12:55 PM

I always thought it would be really neat if MLB would offer up small jars of dirt from the pitcher’s mounds around the league. I’m sure they could just lie and throw any old dirt in a jar, but if they super secret swore it was game used, it would be a really cool piece of memorabilia.

• jcmeyer10 - Nov 15, 2013 at 4:19 PM

Scouts say that’s a good idea. I saw cuff links made of game used baseball. Again, you are essentially taking their word but it’s still a cool thing for a baseball fan.

4. steveohho - Nov 15, 2013 at 1:05 PM

Nickle or dime bag?

5. rocketsteadman - Nov 15, 2013 at 2:25 PM

If you could get your hands on that baggie, imagine the Slip n Slide you could create!

6. hunyack77 - Nov 15, 2013 at 8:18 PM

I went to numerous Twins game.. I will remember how hideous the dome was..from the Baggie, to the plexi glass in left field, to the giant ugly stains in the outfield during the 80s… RIP Metrodome

7. jhb64 - Nov 16, 2013 at 9:21 AM

Your use of Make A wish was out of place

8. jhb64 - Nov 16, 2013 at 9:22 AM

Your use of a Make A wish was out of line

Jackie Robinson Day is bittersweet