Nov 15, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Once the Vikings season is over the Metrodome in Minnesota will be torn down and Doug Beldon of the St. Paul Pioneer Press writes that they’re selling off various parts of the stadium, including the outfield wall baggie:
More than a dozen items used at the Dome in downtown Minneapolis are posted on the state’s online auction site for the next week or so, and more will be offered as they become available. …
Two bids had been submitted for a pallet of six wall-mounted benches, and another for 100 padded folding chairs. About a dozen bidders were vying for a generator and a tractor with loader, and a few were interested in a mechanical broom. Other items being auctioned include flooring used at concerts, a field-turf groomer, a water-source heat pump and sheets of foam insulation.
I’d have my eye on the pitcher’s mound and the right field baggie, although having your own “field-turf groomer” could obviously come in handy.
Also of note: My friends and I are trying to rent out the Metrodome in its final days for a co-ed wiffle ball tournament, but so far our attempt has been met with a surprising level of resistance. Might need a Make-A-Wish style intervention.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (100)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)