Nov 15, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Once the Vikings season is over the Metrodome in Minnesota will be torn down and Doug Beldon of the St. Paul Pioneer Press writes that they’re selling off various parts of the stadium, including the outfield wall baggie:
More than a dozen items used at the Dome in downtown Minneapolis are posted on the state’s online auction site for the next week or so, and more will be offered as they become available. …
Two bids had been submitted for a pallet of six wall-mounted benches, and another for 100 padded folding chairs. About a dozen bidders were vying for a generator and a tractor with loader, and a few were interested in a mechanical broom. Other items being auctioned include flooring used at concerts, a field-turf groomer, a water-source heat pump and sheets of foam insulation.
I’d have my eye on the pitcher’s mound and the right field baggie, although having your own “field-turf groomer” could obviously come in handy.
Also of note: My friends and I are trying to rent out the Metrodome in its final days for a co-ed wiffle ball tournament, but so far our attempt has been met with a surprising level of resistance. Might need a Make-A-Wish style intervention.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 4
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 19
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)