Nov 15, 2013, 11:19 AM EST
Once the Vikings season is over the Metrodome in Minnesota will be torn down and Doug Beldon of the St. Paul Pioneer Press writes that they’re selling off various parts of the stadium, including the outfield wall baggie:
More than a dozen items used at the Dome in downtown Minneapolis are posted on the state’s online auction site for the next week or so, and more will be offered as they become available. …
Two bids had been submitted for a pallet of six wall-mounted benches, and another for 100 padded folding chairs. About a dozen bidders were vying for a generator and a tractor with loader, and a few were interested in a mechanical broom. Other items being auctioned include flooring used at concerts, a field-turf groomer, a water-source heat pump and sheets of foam insulation.
I’d have my eye on the pitcher’s mound and the right field baggie, although having your own “field-turf groomer” could obviously come in handy.
Also of note: My friends and I are trying to rent out the Metrodome in its final days for a co-ed wiffle ball tournament, but so far our attempt has been met with a surprising level of resistance. Might need a Make-A-Wish style intervention.
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 20
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 36
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 147
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (380)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (147)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)