Nov 16, 2013, 10:45 PM EDT
In a column behind ESPN’s Insider paywall, Buster Olney writes that Indians outfielder Drew Stubbs is drawing trade interest from multiple teams. The 29-year-old is entering his second year of arbitration eligibility and is projected by MLB Trade Rumors to take home $3.8 million.
Although Stubbs has posted a sub-.700 OPS for three consecutive seasons, he has been a serviceable outfielder because of his versatility, plus defense, and ability to run the bases well. For a pursuing team, Stubbs would be a good fit as part of a platoon, as he carries a career OPS nearly 150 points higher against left-handers.
The Indians acquired Stubbs in December last year as part of a three-team trade involving the Indians, Reds and Diamondbacks in which current free agent Shin-Soo Choo moved downstate from Cleveland to Cincinnati.
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 24
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 41
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 15
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)