Nov 16, 2013, 10:45 PM EST
In a column behind ESPN’s Insider paywall, Buster Olney writes that Indians outfielder Drew Stubbs is drawing trade interest from multiple teams. The 29-year-old is entering his second year of arbitration eligibility and is projected by MLB Trade Rumors to take home $3.8 million.
Although Stubbs has posted a sub-.700 OPS for three consecutive seasons, he has been a serviceable outfielder because of his versatility, plus defense, and ability to run the bases well. For a pursuing team, Stubbs would be a good fit as part of a platoon, as he carries a career OPS nearly 150 points higher against left-handers.
The Indians acquired Stubbs in December last year as part of a three-team trade involving the Indians, Reds and Diamondbacks in which current free agent Shin-Soo Choo moved downstate from Cleveland to Cincinnati.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)