Nov 16, 2013, 10:45 PM EDT
In a column behind ESPN’s Insider paywall, Buster Olney writes that Indians outfielder Drew Stubbs is drawing trade interest from multiple teams. The 29-year-old is entering his second year of arbitration eligibility and is projected by MLB Trade Rumors to take home $3.8 million.
Although Stubbs has posted a sub-.700 OPS for three consecutive seasons, he has been a serviceable outfielder because of his versatility, plus defense, and ability to run the bases well. For a pursuing team, Stubbs would be a good fit as part of a platoon, as he carries a career OPS nearly 150 points higher against left-handers.
The Indians acquired Stubbs in December last year as part of a three-team trade involving the Indians, Reds and Diamondbacks in which current free agent Shin-Soo Choo moved downstate from Cleveland to Cincinnati.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 26
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 18
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)