Nov 16, 2013, 10:45 PM EDT
In a column behind ESPN’s Insider paywall, Buster Olney writes that Indians outfielder Drew Stubbs is drawing trade interest from multiple teams. The 29-year-old is entering his second year of arbitration eligibility and is projected by MLB Trade Rumors to take home $3.8 million.
Although Stubbs has posted a sub-.700 OPS for three consecutive seasons, he has been a serviceable outfielder because of his versatility, plus defense, and ability to run the bases well. For a pursuing team, Stubbs would be a good fit as part of a platoon, as he carries a career OPS nearly 150 points higher against left-handers.
The Indians acquired Stubbs in December last year as part of a three-team trade involving the Indians, Reds and Diamondbacks in which current free agent Shin-Soo Choo moved downstate from Cleveland to Cincinnati.
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 15
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 43
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 22
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 50
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 15
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 39
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (76)