Nov 17, 2013, 7:05 PM EST
Despite the recently debunked trade rumor involving Jose Bautista and the Phillies, started by radio personality Howard Eskin, the Blue Jays may still be willing to move him for pitching help according to Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe. Cafardo writes that the Jays are looking to add multiple starters. Given the dearth of quality arms available in free agency, acquiring at least one pitcher via trade may make sense for the Jays.
Bautista turned 33 years old last month and is owed $14 million in each of the 2014 and 2015 seasons, quite reasonable for a player of his caliber. However, he has played in fewer than 120 games in each of the past two seasons, suffering from a wrist injury in 2012 and a hip contusion last season.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)