Nov 17, 2013, 7:05 PM EDT
Despite the recently debunked trade rumor involving Jose Bautista and the Phillies, started by radio personality Howard Eskin, the Blue Jays may still be willing to move him for pitching help according to Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe. Cafardo writes that the Jays are looking to add multiple starters. Given the dearth of quality arms available in free agency, acquiring at least one pitcher via trade may make sense for the Jays.
Bautista turned 33 years old last month and is owed $14 million in each of the 2014 and 2015 seasons, quite reasonable for a player of his caliber. However, he has played in fewer than 120 games in each of the past two seasons, suffering from a wrist injury in 2012 and a hip contusion last season.
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 5
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 81
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 17
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 27
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 31
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 18
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 85
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 30
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (93)