Nov 17, 2013, 7:05 PM EDT
Despite the recently debunked trade rumor involving Jose Bautista and the Phillies, started by radio personality Howard Eskin, the Blue Jays may still be willing to move him for pitching help according to Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe. Cafardo writes that the Jays are looking to add multiple starters. Given the dearth of quality arms available in free agency, acquiring at least one pitcher via trade may make sense for the Jays.
Bautista turned 33 years old last month and is owed $14 million in each of the 2014 and 2015 seasons, quite reasonable for a player of his caliber. However, he has played in fewer than 120 games in each of the past two seasons, suffering from a wrist injury in 2012 and a hip contusion last season.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)