Nov 17, 2013, 6:00 PM EST
Hours ago, we learned that Wally Joyner had resigned from his position as assistant hitting coach with the Phillies to “pursue other opportunities”. It didn’t take long for another opportunity to present itself.
Ken Rosenthal is reporting that Joyner is joining the Tigers to become their new hitting coach. He’s moving from one of baseball’s worst offensive teams in the Phillies to one of the best in the Tigers.
Jason Beck tweets that former Phillies coach Mick Billmeyer is joining the Tigers as their bullpen coach as well.
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 42
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 108
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 18
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Dodgers cut Brian Wilson and his $9.5 million salary 53
- Royals and Alex Rios agree to one-year, $11 million contract 16
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. 95
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (115)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Jon Lester goes to Cubs for $155 million over six years (99)