Nov 17, 2013, 6:00 PM EDT
Hours ago, we learned that Wally Joyner had resigned from his position as assistant hitting coach with the Phillies to “pursue other opportunities”. It didn’t take long for another opportunity to present itself.
Ken Rosenthal is reporting that Joyner is joining the Tigers to become their new hitting coach. He’s moving from one of baseball’s worst offensive teams in the Phillies to one of the best in the Tigers.
Jason Beck tweets that former Phillies coach Mick Billmeyer is joining the Tigers as their bullpen coach as well.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 0
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 28
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 105
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 56
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (104)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)