Nov 17, 2013, 6:00 PM EDT
Hours ago, we learned that Wally Joyner had resigned from his position as assistant hitting coach with the Phillies to “pursue other opportunities”. It didn’t take long for another opportunity to present itself.
Ken Rosenthal is reporting that Joyner is joining the Tigers to become their new hitting coach. He’s moving from one of baseball’s worst offensive teams in the Phillies to one of the best in the Tigers.
Jason Beck tweets that former Phillies coach Mick Billmeyer is joining the Tigers as their bullpen coach as well.
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 16
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 9
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 26
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 23
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)