Nov 17, 2013, 6:00 PM EST
Hours ago, we learned that Wally Joyner had resigned from his position as assistant hitting coach with the Phillies to “pursue other opportunities”. It didn’t take long for another opportunity to present itself.
Ken Rosenthal is reporting that Joyner is joining the Tigers to become their new hitting coach. He’s moving from one of baseball’s worst offensive teams in the Phillies to one of the best in the Tigers.
Jason Beck tweets that former Phillies coach Mick Billmeyer is joining the Tigers as their bullpen coach as well.
- Report: Pablo Sandoval and the Red Sox agree to a five-year deal at close to $100 million 89
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 42
- Report: Red Sox finalizing a 5-year, $90 million deal with Hanley Ramirez 31
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 24
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)