Nov 17, 2013, 6:00 PM EST
Hours ago, we learned that Wally Joyner had resigned from his position as assistant hitting coach with the Phillies to “pursue other opportunities”. It didn’t take long for another opportunity to present itself.
Ken Rosenthal is reporting that Joyner is joining the Tigers to become their new hitting coach. He’s moving from one of baseball’s worst offensive teams in the Phillies to one of the best in the Tigers.
Jason Beck tweets that former Phillies coach Mick Billmeyer is joining the Tigers as their bullpen coach as well.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 32
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 146
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 376
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (377)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (146)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)