Nov 17, 2013, 5:05 PM EDT
The procedure was deemed a success and Castillo is expected to be fully recovered in 4-6 weeks.
The 26-year-old Dominican hit .274/.349/.397 with eight home runs and 32 RBI in 113 games this year for Chicago. Those aren’t great numbers, but the Cubs like his potential. He had an .831 OPS, 34 homers and 117 RBI in 175 games at Triple-A.
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (83)
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (82)
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. (76)