Nov 17, 2013, 5:05 PM EDT
The procedure was deemed a success and Castillo is expected to be fully recovered in 4-6 weeks.
The 26-year-old Dominican hit .274/.349/.397 with eight home runs and 32 RBI in 113 games this year for Chicago. Those aren’t great numbers, but the Cubs like his potential. He had an .831 OPS, 34 homers and 117 RBI in 175 games at Triple-A.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 6
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)