Nov 18, 2013, 10:16 PM EDT
Free agent right-hander Bronson Arroyo was a guest on MLB Network Radio on Sirius XM this afternoon and told host Jim Bowden that the Phillies, Dodgers, Angels, Twins and Orioles have expressed interest in signing him. You can listen to part of the interview here.
Arroyo added that he hasn’t received an offer yet, so nothing appears to be imminent. However, things could pick up now that the Giants reportedly have a two-year, $23 million deal with right-hander Tim Hudson. The difference with Arroyo is that he’s looking for a three-year deal.
Arroyo, who turns 37 in February, compiled a 3.79 ERA and 124/34 K/BB ratio over 32 starts with the Reds this season. He doesn’t strike out many batters and gives up a ton of homers annually, but he has logged at least 199 innings in each of the last nine seasons.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 7
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 9
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 78
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 88
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)