Nov 18, 2013, 10:16 PM EDT
Free agent right-hander Bronson Arroyo was a guest on MLB Network Radio on Sirius XM this afternoon and told host Jim Bowden that the Phillies, Dodgers, Angels, Twins and Orioles have expressed interest in signing him. You can listen to part of the interview here.
Arroyo added that he hasn’t received an offer yet, so nothing appears to be imminent. However, things could pick up now that the Giants reportedly have a two-year, $23 million deal with right-hander Tim Hudson. The difference with Arroyo is that he’s looking for a three-year deal.
Arroyo, who turns 37 in February, compiled a 3.79 ERA and 124/34 K/BB ratio over 32 starts with the Reds this season. He doesn’t strike out many batters and gives up a ton of homers annually, but he has logged at least 199 innings in each of the last nine seasons.
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 0
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 8
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 10
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 34
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (91)