Nov 18, 2013, 11:18 PM EST
We passed along word a couple of weeks ago that Dodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig visited a Los Angeles area little league team to sign autographs/pose for pictures and throw batting practice. Well, he was at it again today, except this time he invited 50 kids to play at Dodger Stadium.
Check out this awesome picture from Yvonne Carrasco, who works in the Dodgers public relations department:
Let’s see, how can a stodgy, stick-in-the-mud columnist spin this? Puig broke into Dodger Stadium before teaching a group of kids how to do a bat-flip and overthrow the cutoff man. Oh, and then he made all of them swim in their neighbor’s pool when they got home. How’s that?
In all seriousness, even Puig’s biggest critics have to admit that this is a very cool gesture.
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 20
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 36
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 147
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (380)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (147)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)