Nov 18, 2013, 11:18 PM EDT
We passed along word a couple of weeks ago that Dodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig visited a Los Angeles area little league team to sign autographs/pose for pictures and throw batting practice. Well, he was at it again today, except this time he invited 50 kids to play at Dodger Stadium.
Check out this awesome picture from Yvonne Carrasco, who works in the Dodgers public relations department:
Let’s see, how can a stodgy, stick-in-the-mud columnist spin this? Puig broke into Dodger Stadium before teaching a group of kids how to do a bat-flip and overthrow the cutoff man. Oh, and then he made all of them swim in their neighbor’s pool when they got home. How’s that?
In all seriousness, even Puig’s biggest critics have to admit that this is a very cool gesture.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 110
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 64
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (110)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)