Nov 18, 2013, 2:31 PM EDT
Robinson Cano has not budged off his request of a 10-year, $310 million contract, a source with knowledge of the asking price told ESPN New York on Monday.
Having a bit of a trying day, so thanks for the laugh, Mr. Cano. Or thanks to the Yankees person leaking that in an effort to make Cano look unreasonable and thus easier, from a P.R. perspective, to let him walk away. Could be either one.
Either way: I’ll be shocked if he’s signed before Christmas.
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 8
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 15
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 12
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 15
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 6
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 31
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)