Nov 18, 2013, 8:53 AM EDT
I went on MLB Network’s “Clubhouse Confidential” on Friday. Sports Illustrated’s Jay Jaffe and I spoke with Brian Kenny about the MVP voting results and then we talked some about the BBWAA voting pool. I appeared on a video monitor and sort of felt like Max Headroom. Which is not a bad thing. Unless you’re too young to know who Max Headroom was. In which case, up yours.
Two segments. The one in which I gave a shoutout to my favorite newspaper — The East B.F.E. Intelligencer — was in the second segment.
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 14
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 12
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 29
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (144)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (92)