Nov 18, 2013, 8:53 AM EDT
I went on MLB Network’s “Clubhouse Confidential” on Friday. Sports Illustrated’s Jay Jaffe and I spoke with Brian Kenny about the MVP voting results and then we talked some about the BBWAA voting pool. I appeared on a video monitor and sort of felt like Max Headroom. Which is not a bad thing. Unless you’re too young to know who Max Headroom was. In which case, up yours.
Two segments. The one in which I gave a shoutout to my favorite newspaper — The East B.F.E. Intelligencer — was in the second segment.
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 21
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 38
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 21
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Jon Lester is willing to return to the Red Sox as a free agent even if they trade him 32
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (164)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)