Nov 18, 2013, 8:53 AM EDT
I went on MLB Network’s “Clubhouse Confidential” on Friday. Sports Illustrated’s Jay Jaffe and I spoke with Brian Kenny about the MVP voting results and then we talked some about the BBWAA voting pool. I appeared on a video monitor and sort of felt like Max Headroom. Which is not a bad thing. Unless you’re too young to know who Max Headroom was. In which case, up yours.
Two segments. The one in which I gave a shoutout to my favorite newspaper — The East B.F.E. Intelligencer — was in the second segment.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 125
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 18
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 46
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 48
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 353
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (355)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (196)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)