Nov 18, 2013, 1:01 PM EDT
I guess there is at least one team who isn’t scared away from Scott Boras’ claim that Shin-Soo Choo should make more than Jayson Werth: the Texas Rangers. Jon Heyman reports that the Rangers are among the teams looking at Shin-Soo Choo.
But even if they’re not scared off by the claim, they’re not paying that price, Heyman reports. Of course, we live in a world where Hunter Pence just got $90 million, so it’s not insane to think that someone might pay Choo that.
Choo hit .285/.423/.462 with 21 home runs and 54 RBI over 154 games with the Reds this season. He has a .389 career on-base percentage.
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 16
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 58
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 53
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 46
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 17
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)