Nov 18, 2013, 1:01 PM EDT
I guess there is at least one team who isn’t scared away from Scott Boras’ claim that Shin-Soo Choo should make more than Jayson Werth: the Texas Rangers. Jon Heyman reports that the Rangers are among the teams looking at Shin-Soo Choo.
But even if they’re not scared off by the claim, they’re not paying that price, Heyman reports. Of course, we live in a world where Hunter Pence just got $90 million, so it’s not insane to think that someone might pay Choo that.
Choo hit .285/.423/.462 with 21 home runs and 54 RBI over 154 games with the Reds this season. He has a .389 career on-base percentage.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 42
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 17
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 61
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29