Nov 18, 2013, 1:01 PM EDT
I guess there is at least one team who isn’t scared away from Scott Boras’ claim that Shin-Soo Choo should make more than Jayson Werth: the Texas Rangers. Jon Heyman reports that the Rangers are among the teams looking at Shin-Soo Choo.
But even if they’re not scared off by the claim, they’re not paying that price, Heyman reports. Of course, we live in a world where Hunter Pence just got $90 million, so it’s not insane to think that someone might pay Choo that.
Choo hit .285/.423/.462 with 21 home runs and 54 RBI over 154 games with the Reds this season. He has a .389 career on-base percentage.
- J.A. Happ is thriving with the Pirates 0
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 44
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 68
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 57
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 59
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 149
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (150)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)