Nov 18, 2013, 1:01 PM EDT
I guess there is at least one team who isn’t scared away from Scott Boras’ claim that Shin-Soo Choo should make more than Jayson Werth: the Texas Rangers. Jon Heyman reports that the Rangers are among the teams looking at Shin-Soo Choo.
But even if they’re not scared off by the claim, they’re not paying that price, Heyman reports. Of course, we live in a world where Hunter Pence just got $90 million, so it’s not insane to think that someone might pay Choo that.
Choo hit .285/.423/.462 with 21 home runs and 54 RBI over 154 games with the Reds this season. He has a .389 career on-base percentage.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 69
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 25
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (87)