Nov 18, 2013, 4:13 PM EDT
— Jon Morosi (@jonmorosi) November 18, 2013
Of course Peralta could play third base as a hedge against an A-Rod suspension. And he can play shortstop in the case of a Jeter-is-hurt/Jeter-is-old/Ryan-can’t-hit combo. All of which are fairly likely.
If the Yankees are in on Peralta, you have to figure they’re in on Stephen Drew too, and would go for one or the other. Or maybe their whole offseason plan hinges on signing every single possible shortstop and letting God sort it out.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)