Nov 18, 2013, 4:13 PM EDT
— Jon Morosi (@jonmorosi) November 18, 2013
Of course Peralta could play third base as a hedge against an A-Rod suspension. And he can play shortstop in the case of a Jeter-is-hurt/Jeter-is-old/Ryan-can’t-hit combo. All of which are fairly likely.
If the Yankees are in on Peralta, you have to figure they’re in on Stephen Drew too, and would go for one or the other. Or maybe their whole offseason plan hinges on signing every single possible shortstop and letting God sort it out.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 23
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 78
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 45
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)