Nov 18, 2013, 4:13 PM EDT
— Jon Morosi (@jonmorosi) November 18, 2013
Of course Peralta could play third base as a hedge against an A-Rod suspension. And he can play shortstop in the case of a Jeter-is-hurt/Jeter-is-old/Ryan-can’t-hit combo. All of which are fairly likely.
If the Yankees are in on Peralta, you have to figure they’re in on Stephen Drew too, and would go for one or the other. Or maybe their whole offseason plan hinges on signing every single possible shortstop and letting God sort it out.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 14
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 17
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 91
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8