Nov 18, 2013, 4:13 PM EDT
— Jon Morosi (@jonmorosi) November 18, 2013
Of course Peralta could play third base as a hedge against an A-Rod suspension. And he can play shortstop in the case of a Jeter-is-hurt/Jeter-is-old/Ryan-can’t-hit combo. All of which are fairly likely.
If the Yankees are in on Peralta, you have to figure they’re in on Stephen Drew too, and would go for one or the other. Or maybe their whole offseason plan hinges on signing every single possible shortstop and letting God sort it out.
- Michael Pineda suspended 10 games for “foreign substance” 13
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 76
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 119
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 68
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 3
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (201)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (155)
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating (119)