Nov 19, 2013, 5:18 PM EST
Nothing particularly grand. And half of it was just one guy going back to the team he was with back in September anyway.
The trade: the Twins acquired lefty Kris Johnson from the Pirates in exchange for righty Duke Welker. Welker was with the Pirates before and went to Minnesota in the Justin Morneau deal. Now he’s back with the team who drafted him. Johnson is 29 and just got his first cup of coffee this past season, but he posted a 2.39 ERA, 1.17 WHIP and 94/43 K/BB ratio across in 135.2 innings at Triple-A. Of course it was his fifth go-around in Triple-A, so don’t get terribly excited.
Anyway: a minor trade of (mostly) minor league arms isn’t huge, but it’s better than nothing nine days before Thanksgiving, when the hot stove is usually at its coldest.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 72
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 34
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)