Nov 19, 2013, 5:18 PM EDT
Nothing particularly grand. And half of it was just one guy going back to the team he was with back in September anyway.
The trade: the Twins acquired lefty Kris Johnson from the Pirates in exchange for righty Duke Welker. Welker was with the Pirates before and went to Minnesota in the Justin Morneau deal. Now he’s back with the team who drafted him. Johnson is 29 and just got his first cup of coffee this past season, but he posted a 2.39 ERA, 1.17 WHIP and 94/43 K/BB ratio across in 135.2 innings at Triple-A. Of course it was his fifth go-around in Triple-A, so don’t get terribly excited.
Anyway: a minor trade of (mostly) minor league arms isn’t huge, but it’s better than nothing nine days before Thanksgiving, when the hot stove is usually at its coldest.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 24
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 20
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 107
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 128
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (130)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (118)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)