Nov 19, 2013, 5:18 PM EST
Nothing particularly grand. And half of it was just one guy going back to the team he was with back in September anyway.
The trade: the Twins acquired lefty Kris Johnson from the Pirates in exchange for righty Duke Welker. Welker was with the Pirates before and went to Minnesota in the Justin Morneau deal. Now he’s back with the team who drafted him. Johnson is 29 and just got his first cup of coffee this past season, but he posted a 2.39 ERA, 1.17 WHIP and 94/43 K/BB ratio across in 135.2 innings at Triple-A. Of course it was his fifth go-around in Triple-A, so don’t get terribly excited.
Anyway: a minor trade of (mostly) minor league arms isn’t huge, but it’s better than nothing nine days before Thanksgiving, when the hot stove is usually at its coldest.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)