Nov 19, 2013, 3:13 PM EST
Giants general manager Brian Sabean talked to the local media about various offseason doings today and revealed that he thinks left-handed reliever Javier Lopez is “very close to signing back with us.”
Sabean told Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com that “we are fully engaged with Lopez” and hope to have a deal finalized soon.
Lopez has long been one of the best left-handed specialists in baseball, posting a 2.26 ERA in four seasons with the Giants, including a 1.83 mark this year at age 35. Two years ago he signed a two-year, $8.5 million deal to stay with San Francisco.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)