Nov 19, 2013, 11:33 AM EDT
Yesterday I got a cryptic press release about an announcement in Houston. Today the announcement: Minute Maid Park will host the 2014 Civil Right Game.
The Civil Rights Game will be played between the Astros and the Baltimore Orioles on May 30, 2014, airing nationally on MLB Network. There are other activities too, like an awards luncheon, roundtable discussions and youth sports events. The Civil Rights game began as an exhibition game in 2007. Now it’s a full-fledged thing with a week’s worth of activities.
- Manny Machado could join the Orioles as soon as next weekend 3
- Michael Pineda suspended 10 games for “foreign substance” 45
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 87
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 126
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (201)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (156)
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating (126)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)