Nov 19, 2013, 11:33 AM EST
Yesterday I got a cryptic press release about an announcement in Houston. Today the announcement: Minute Maid Park will host the 2014 Civil Right Game.
The Civil Rights Game will be played between the Astros and the Baltimore Orioles on May 30, 2014, airing nationally on MLB Network. There are other activities too, like an awards luncheon, roundtable discussions and youth sports events. The Civil Rights game began as an exhibition game in 2007. Now it’s a full-fledged thing with a week’s worth of activities.
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 74
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Rosenthal proposal: make relievers face more than one batter per appearance (74)