Nov 19, 2013, 11:33 AM EDT
Yesterday I got a cryptic press release about an announcement in Houston. Today the announcement: Minute Maid Park will host the 2014 Civil Right Game.
The Civil Rights Game will be played between the Astros and the Baltimore Orioles on May 30, 2014, airing nationally on MLB Network. There are other activities too, like an awards luncheon, roundtable discussions and youth sports events. The Civil Rights game began as an exhibition game in 2007. Now it’s a full-fledged thing with a week’s worth of activities.
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69