Nov 19, 2013, 11:33 AM EDT
Yesterday I got a cryptic press release about an announcement in Houston. Today the announcement: Minute Maid Park will host the 2014 Civil Right Game.
The Civil Rights Game will be played between the Astros and the Baltimore Orioles on May 30, 2014, airing nationally on MLB Network. There are other activities too, like an awards luncheon, roundtable discussions and youth sports events. The Civil Rights game began as an exhibition game in 2007. Now it’s a full-fledged thing with a week’s worth of activities.
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 3
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 89
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 37
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 43
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 16
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (89)