Nov 19, 2013, 11:33 AM EDT
Yesterday I got a cryptic press release about an announcement in Houston. Today the announcement: Minute Maid Park will host the 2014 Civil Right Game.
The Civil Rights Game will be played between the Astros and the Baltimore Orioles on May 30, 2014, airing nationally on MLB Network. There are other activities too, like an awards luncheon, roundtable discussions and youth sports events. The Civil Rights game began as an exhibition game in 2007. Now it’s a full-fledged thing with a week’s worth of activities.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 7
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 155
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (156)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)