Nov 19, 2013, 1:13 PM EST
In a move that might add a little more steam to the Ike Davis trade rumors, the Mets signed first baseman Brandon Allen to a minor-league contract.
Odds are the Allen deal is mostly just for organizational depth, as the 27-year-old has struggled in various big-league stints. He does, however, have very good numbers in the minors, including a .902 OPS and 80 homers in 401 games at Triple-A, and might be a productive left-handed hitting portion of a platoon if needed.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)