Nov 19, 2013, 3:50 PM EDT
Young got knocked around for a 7.88 ERA in seven Triple-A starts for the Nationals.
Young was effective in 20 starts for the Mets in 2012, but he’s never been able to stay healthy and always walked a fine line with his mid-80s fastball. At age 35 it’s possible he’s just finished, but in the meantime he gives the Nationals some extra depth.
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 5
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 48
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 89
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 52
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (108)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)