Nov 19, 2013, 3:50 PM EDT
Young got knocked around for a 7.88 ERA in seven Triple-A starts for the Nationals.
Young was effective in 20 starts for the Mets in 2012, but he’s never been able to stay healthy and always walked a fine line with his mid-80s fastball. At age 35 it’s possible he’s just finished, but in the meantime he gives the Nationals some extra depth.
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 10
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 72
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 87
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (263)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)