Nov 19, 2013, 2:50 PM EDT
Grady Sizemore hasn’t played in the big leagues since 2011. He hasn’t played a full season since 2008. His was a promising career that just crashed due to injuries.
But for all that lost time, he’s still only 31. And he’s supposed to be healthy by spring training. Against that backdrop Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe reports that Sizemore is drawing “a lot of interest.”
I get excited each year when I hear that Sizemore is working out, getting healthy and all of that. Then I get sad when, as he always does, he has setbacks or other injuries. Here’s hoping that he can at least sang a spring training invite this year, make it through February and March healthy and play some big league ball this year.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)