Nov 19, 2013, 10:33 AM EDT
I’m not sure if the Tea Party and the Sierra Club getting together on an issue means that the Braves ballpark is crazy-bad or, somehow, actually good. But it is something to see them joining forces to protest the place.
I’m also not sure why a ballpark that was partially premised on the idea that Turner Field had inadequate parking will sport 2,500 fewer parking spaces and will rely on a system of golf-carts to ferry people from nearby mall parking lots. But what do I know?
I do know, however, or at the very least suspect that the fact that super silence was kept about the Braves moving to Cobb County while certain in-the-know businessmen were able to sneak in at the last minute and buy up land surrounding the ballpark will be the focus of most of the eventual controversy about the place.
The details behind all of those things and more can be read over at Field of Schemes’ roundup of the latest Braves ballpark news.
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 17
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 30
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 27
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (70)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)