Nov 19, 2013, 10:33 AM EDT
I’m not sure if the Tea Party and the Sierra Club getting together on an issue means that the Braves ballpark is crazy-bad or, somehow, actually good. But it is something to see them joining forces to protest the place.
I’m also not sure why a ballpark that was partially premised on the idea that Turner Field had inadequate parking will sport 2,500 fewer parking spaces and will rely on a system of golf-carts to ferry people from nearby mall parking lots. But what do I know?
I do know, however, or at the very least suspect that the fact that super silence was kept about the Braves moving to Cobb County while certain in-the-know businessmen were able to sneak in at the last minute and buy up land surrounding the ballpark will be the focus of most of the eventual controversy about the place.
The details behind all of those things and more can be read over at Field of Schemes’ roundup of the latest Braves ballpark news.
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 4
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 21
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 18
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 9
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)