Nov 19, 2013, 10:33 AM EDT
I’m not sure if the Tea Party and the Sierra Club getting together on an issue means that the Braves ballpark is crazy-bad or, somehow, actually good. But it is something to see them joining forces to protest the place.
I’m also not sure why a ballpark that was partially premised on the idea that Turner Field had inadequate parking will sport 2,500 fewer parking spaces and will rely on a system of golf-carts to ferry people from nearby mall parking lots. But what do I know?
I do know, however, or at the very least suspect that the fact that super silence was kept about the Braves moving to Cobb County while certain in-the-know businessmen were able to sneak in at the last minute and buy up land surrounding the ballpark will be the focus of most of the eventual controversy about the place.
The details behind all of those things and more can be read over at Field of Schemes’ roundup of the latest Braves ballpark news.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 23
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 62
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 53
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 47
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 18
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)