Nov 19, 2013, 10:33 AM EDT
I’m not sure if the Tea Party and the Sierra Club getting together on an issue means that the Braves ballpark is crazy-bad or, somehow, actually good. But it is something to see them joining forces to protest the place.
I’m also not sure why a ballpark that was partially premised on the idea that Turner Field had inadequate parking will sport 2,500 fewer parking spaces and will rely on a system of golf-carts to ferry people from nearby mall parking lots. But what do I know?
I do know, however, or at the very least suspect that the fact that super silence was kept about the Braves moving to Cobb County while certain in-the-know businessmen were able to sneak in at the last minute and buy up land surrounding the ballpark will be the focus of most of the eventual controversy about the place.
The details behind all of those things and more can be read over at Field of Schemes’ roundup of the latest Braves ballpark news.
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 72
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47