Nov 20, 2013, 11:33 AM EST
Brian McCann is the best available catcher, and given that good catching is about the hardest thing to find — Henry Blanco is still active for crying out loud — it is definitely a seller’s market for Mr. McCann’s representatives. In light of that I’m kind of surprised that he isn’t pulling a Cliff Lee and making GMs show up at his house to woo him. But I suppose this is the next best thing:
Brian McCann expected to start visiting teams he’s talking with in the next 2 weeks;NYY/TEX/BOS among more than half-dozen teams interested.
— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) November 20, 2013
No matter who travels where, though, my favorite part of the hot stove season is about to begin: the part where people track flight paths of private planes in an effort to guess where the team owner/free agent is heading. I can’t remember any of those reports ever actually linking up with an impending free agent announcement, but they’re still very exciting!
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (86)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)