Nov 20, 2013, 11:33 AM EST
Brian McCann is the best available catcher, and given that good catching is about the hardest thing to find — Henry Blanco is still active for crying out loud — it is definitely a seller’s market for Mr. McCann’s representatives. In light of that I’m kind of surprised that he isn’t pulling a Cliff Lee and making GMs show up at his house to woo him. But I suppose this is the next best thing:
Brian McCann expected to start visiting teams he’s talking with in the next 2 weeks;NYY/TEX/BOS among more than half-dozen teams interested.
— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) November 20, 2013
No matter who travels where, though, my favorite part of the hot stove season is about to begin: the part where people track flight paths of private planes in an effort to guess where the team owner/free agent is heading. I can’t remember any of those reports ever actually linking up with an impending free agent announcement, but they’re still very exciting!
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 7
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 276
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 114
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (276)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)