Nov 20, 2013, 11:33 AM EDT
Brian McCann is the best available catcher, and given that good catching is about the hardest thing to find — Henry Blanco is still active for crying out loud — it is definitely a seller’s market for Mr. McCann’s representatives. In light of that I’m kind of surprised that he isn’t pulling a Cliff Lee and making GMs show up at his house to woo him. But I suppose this is the next best thing:
Brian McCann expected to start visiting teams he’s talking with in the next 2 weeks;NYY/TEX/BOS among more than half-dozen teams interested.
— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) November 20, 2013
No matter who travels where, though, my favorite part of the hot stove season is about to begin: the part where people track flight paths of private planes in an effort to guess where the team owner/free agent is heading. I can’t remember any of those reports ever actually linking up with an impending free agent announcement, but they’re still very exciting!
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 14
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 6
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 39
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)