Nov 20, 2013, 10:05 PM EST
The Diamondbacks announced that they have designated reliever Tony Sipp for assignment. The transaction gave them room on the 40-man roster for outfielder Ender Inciarte. They also added pitcher Bo Schultz to the 40-man as well.
Sipp has shown promise as a reliever over the years, with the Indians from 2009-12 and with the Diamondbacks in 2013. He posted a 2.93 ERA in his rookie season, and a 3.03 ERA in 2011, but the lefty has suffered from control issues throughout his career. Sipp walked 22 batters in 37.2 innings last year, though he did strike out 42 as well.
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 10
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 34
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (379)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (146)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)