Nov 20, 2013, 10:05 PM EDT
The Diamondbacks announced that they have designated reliever Tony Sipp for assignment. The transaction gave them room on the 40-man roster for outfielder Ender Inciarte. They also added pitcher Bo Schultz to the 40-man as well.
Sipp has shown promise as a reliever over the years, with the Indians from 2009-12 and with the Diamondbacks in 2013. He posted a 2.93 ERA in his rookie season, and a 3.03 ERA in 2011, but the lefty has suffered from control issues throughout his career. Sipp walked 22 batters in 37.2 innings last year, though he did strike out 42 as well.
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 27
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 57
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 32
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)