Nov 20, 2013, 10:05 PM EDT
The Diamondbacks announced that they have designated reliever Tony Sipp for assignment. The transaction gave them room on the 40-man roster for outfielder Ender Inciarte. They also added pitcher Bo Schultz to the 40-man as well.
Sipp has shown promise as a reliever over the years, with the Indians from 2009-12 and with the Diamondbacks in 2013. He posted a 2.93 ERA in his rookie season, and a 3.03 ERA in 2011, but the lefty has suffered from control issues throughout his career. Sipp walked 22 batters in 37.2 innings last year, though he did strike out 42 as well.
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 1
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 78
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 10
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 19
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)