Nov 20, 2013, 10:05 PM EDT
The Diamondbacks announced that they have designated reliever Tony Sipp for assignment. The transaction gave them room on the 40-man roster for outfielder Ender Inciarte. They also added pitcher Bo Schultz to the 40-man as well.
Sipp has shown promise as a reliever over the years, with the Indians from 2009-12 and with the Diamondbacks in 2013. He posted a 2.93 ERA in his rookie season, and a 3.03 ERA in 2011, but the lefty has suffered from control issues throughout his career. Sipp walked 22 batters in 37.2 innings last year, though he did strike out 42 as well.
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 16
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 30
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 92
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)