Nov 20, 2013, 10:05 PM EDT
The Diamondbacks announced that they have designated reliever Tony Sipp for assignment. The transaction gave them room on the 40-man roster for outfielder Ender Inciarte. They also added pitcher Bo Schultz to the 40-man as well.
Sipp has shown promise as a reliever over the years, with the Indians from 2009-12 and with the Diamondbacks in 2013. He posted a 2.93 ERA in his rookie season, and a 3.03 ERA in 2011, but the lefty has suffered from control issues throughout his career. Sipp walked 22 batters in 37.2 innings last year, though he did strike out 42 as well.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 45
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)