Nov 20, 2013, 8:40 AM EDT
I wanna play poker with Jon Daniels. MLB.com’s Richard Justice talking about Rangers GM Jon Daniels in the Dallas Morning News:
“I think Nolan Ryan leaving really put the pressure on Jon Daniels to make a dramatic move. He’s the only GM that I heard last week at the meeting saying, ‘Our needs can’t be filled internally. We have to go outside and make a move.’”
I guess it’s money-where-your-mouth-is time for Daniels. The Rangers have been reported to be interested in Brian McCann and Jacoby Ellsbury. They’re losing Nelson Cruz, most likely. There has been talk that Ian Kinsler could be on the block. They could use some pop in that lineup.
There was talk that they’d make big moves last winter too, and it didn’t pan out. It’ll be interesting to see if Daniels, now clearly and solely at the helm of the Rangers, is able to make something happen.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (91)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (85)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)