Nov 20, 2013, 8:40 AM EDT
I wanna play poker with Jon Daniels. MLB.com’s Richard Justice talking about Rangers GM Jon Daniels in the Dallas Morning News:
“I think Nolan Ryan leaving really put the pressure on Jon Daniels to make a dramatic move. He’s the only GM that I heard last week at the meeting saying, ‘Our needs can’t be filled internally. We have to go outside and make a move.’”
I guess it’s money-where-your-mouth-is time for Daniels. The Rangers have been reported to be interested in Brian McCann and Jacoby Ellsbury. They’re losing Nelson Cruz, most likely. There has been talk that Ian Kinsler could be on the block. They could use some pop in that lineup.
There was talk that they’d make big moves last winter too, and it didn’t pan out. It’ll be interesting to see if Daniels, now clearly and solely at the helm of the Rangers, is able to make something happen.
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 3
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 47
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 39
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 48
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 105