Nov 20, 2013, 8:40 AM EDT
I wanna play poker with Jon Daniels. MLB.com’s Richard Justice talking about Rangers GM Jon Daniels in the Dallas Morning News:
“I think Nolan Ryan leaving really put the pressure on Jon Daniels to make a dramatic move. He’s the only GM that I heard last week at the meeting saying, ‘Our needs can’t be filled internally. We have to go outside and make a move.’”
I guess it’s money-where-your-mouth-is time for Daniels. The Rangers have been reported to be interested in Brian McCann and Jacoby Ellsbury. They’re losing Nelson Cruz, most likely. There has been talk that Ian Kinsler could be on the block. They could use some pop in that lineup.
There was talk that they’d make big moves last winter too, and it didn’t pan out. It’ll be interesting to see if Daniels, now clearly and solely at the helm of the Rangers, is able to make something happen.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 0
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)