Nov 20, 2013, 12:16 PM EDT
At this point almost any story about the Marlins can be spun into laughs, but this one from Joe Frisaro of MLB.com legitimately made me chuckle:
The team has already reached out to Juan Uribe to play either third base or first. A proven run producer, Uribe brings leadership to the table, and he is playoff-proven.
That’s a lot of proven in one man!
Also, just for the record: Uribe has never driven in more than 85 runs in a season, he’s topped 75 RBIs just once in 13 seasons, and this year he had 50 RBIs in 132 games for the Dodgers. He’s also a career .214 hitter with a .619 OPS in 40 playoff games. Proven!
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (210)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (121)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)