Nov 20, 2013, 12:16 PM EDT
At this point almost any story about the Marlins can be spun into laughs, but this one from Joe Frisaro of MLB.com legitimately made me chuckle:
The team has already reached out to Juan Uribe to play either third base or first. A proven run producer, Uribe brings leadership to the table, and he is playoff-proven.
That’s a lot of proven in one man!
Also, just for the record: Uribe has never driven in more than 85 runs in a season, he’s topped 75 RBIs just once in 13 seasons, and this year he had 50 RBIs in 132 games for the Dodgers. He’s also a career .214 hitter with a .619 OPS in 40 playoff games. Proven!
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 56
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 1
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 131
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 37
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 97
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (131)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)