Nov 20, 2013, 12:16 PM EDT
At this point almost any story about the Marlins can be spun into laughs, but this one from Joe Frisaro of MLB.com legitimately made me chuckle:
The team has already reached out to Juan Uribe to play either third base or first. A proven run producer, Uribe brings leadership to the table, and he is playoff-proven.
That’s a lot of proven in one man!
Also, just for the record: Uribe has never driven in more than 85 runs in a season, he’s topped 75 RBIs just once in 13 seasons, and this year he had 50 RBIs in 132 games for the Dodgers. He’s also a career .214 hitter with a .619 OPS in 40 playoff games. Proven!
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (104)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)