Nov 20, 2013, 12:16 PM EDT
At this point almost any story about the Marlins can be spun into laughs, but this one from Joe Frisaro of MLB.com legitimately made me chuckle:
The team has already reached out to Juan Uribe to play either third base or first. A proven run producer, Uribe brings leadership to the table, and he is playoff-proven.
That’s a lot of proven in one man!
Also, just for the record: Uribe has never driven in more than 85 runs in a season, he’s topped 75 RBIs just once in 13 seasons, and this year he had 50 RBIs in 132 games for the Dodgers. He’s also a career .214 hitter with a .619 OPS in 40 playoff games. Proven!
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 10
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 184
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (203)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)