Nov 20, 2013, 6:55 PM EST
Recently, Brewers GM Doug Melvin said that the two teams would make a good match as trading partners. The Mets are looking to move first baseman Ike Davis and the Brewers were reportedly willing to move outfielder Norichika Aoki. Cerrone, however, writes that the Brewers are more likely to trade Braun than Aoki.
Braun has two years and $22 million remaining on an eight-year, $45 million extension signed in May 2008. In 2016, his new extension kicks in, paying him $105 million through 2020. Aoki, meanwhile, will earn $1.95 million in 2014 before becoming a free agent.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)