Nov 20, 2013, 6:55 PM EDT
Recently, Brewers GM Doug Melvin said that the two teams would make a good match as trading partners. The Mets are looking to move first baseman Ike Davis and the Brewers were reportedly willing to move outfielder Norichika Aoki. Cerrone, however, writes that the Brewers are more likely to trade Braun than Aoki.
Braun has two years and $22 million remaining on an eight-year, $45 million extension signed in May 2008. In 2016, his new extension kicks in, paying him $105 million through 2020. Aoki, meanwhile, will earn $1.95 million in 2014 before becoming a free agent.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)