Nov 20, 2013, 6:55 PM EDT
Recently, Brewers GM Doug Melvin said that the two teams would make a good match as trading partners. The Mets are looking to move first baseman Ike Davis and the Brewers were reportedly willing to move outfielder Norichika Aoki. Cerrone, however, writes that the Brewers are more likely to trade Braun than Aoki.
Braun has two years and $22 million remaining on an eight-year, $45 million extension signed in May 2008. In 2016, his new extension kicks in, paying him $105 million through 2020. Aoki, meanwhile, will earn $1.95 million in 2014 before becoming a free agent.
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 10
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 66
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 9
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 86
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 20
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 10
- There’s nothing better than a Game 7? Well, maybe there is. 23
- Report: Cubs hire Joe Maddon as manager 72
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (280)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (147)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)