Nov 20, 2013, 6:55 PM EDT
Recently, Brewers GM Doug Melvin said that the two teams would make a good match as trading partners. The Mets are looking to move first baseman Ike Davis and the Brewers were reportedly willing to move outfielder Norichika Aoki. Cerrone, however, writes that the Brewers are more likely to trade Braun than Aoki.
Braun has two years and $22 million remaining on an eight-year, $45 million extension signed in May 2008. In 2016, his new extension kicks in, paying him $105 million through 2020. Aoki, meanwhile, will earn $1.95 million in 2014 before becoming a free agent.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 27
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 43
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 32
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 35
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 84
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 8
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 89
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 36
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (190)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (103)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)