Nov 20, 2013, 9:22 PM EDT
On Twitter, ESPN’s Buster Olney says that the Royals have talked about pursuing Athletics starter Brett Anderson. As Ervin Santana is seeking more than $100 million in free agency, the Royals are looking elsewhere for their starting rotation needs.
The Athletics exercised the $8 million option on Anderson’s contract for the 2014 season. He has one more option worth $12 million for 2015 as well, so he is effectively under team control for two more years if they so desire.
The Royals, who finished at 86-76, just 5.5 games out of the second Wild Card in the American League, will be gearing up for another run in 2014 and Anderson would go along way towards solidifying a rotation led by James Shields.
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 0
- Breaking: The Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 83
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 63
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 76
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 76
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 74
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)